Tuesday, August 06, 2013

In only 99 days

It's only 99 days since I first announced Charity Hack.

That was a scary post.

I didn't really know the idea - which is why those early posts were so vague

I wasn't sure of the name - I'm still not positive about it

I thought people might laugh at the idea

Maybe nobody would be interested

Nobody read this blog, I hadn't many Twitter followers and I'm not exactly well know.

But here we are 99 days later. 4 Sleeps away from the dream that is becoming Charity Hack. 

On Saturday morning 40 people will come together, mostly strangers - some friends, with a common cause to put the heads and hearts to work to come out with the very best solutions they can in only 12 hours.

They won't give up when it gets hard

They won't let their energy drop when they get tired

They'll push themselves to do their best work - and then push harder

They'll do all this because they believe that they can and must make a difference

If not now - when?

In my mind they're already heroes

Kevin - 4 sleeps to go

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

No comments: